Total Pageviews

September 9, 2011

Color

So, for English, I have to do a research project on how the eyes and brain perceive color. Apparently (and this makes very much sense to me, having discussed this before with my dad), everyone sees colors differently. What I mean by this is that we do not see the exact same shade of colors as someone else does. For example, the purple in my blog might seem brighter to me, and darker to someone else looking at it. Or it might be more pinkish than purple to someone. I find this to be very interesting. I also find color blindness to be interesting. My dad, for example, is yellow-green colorblind. He can see yellow. He can see green. He just can't see yellow on green or viceversa. He can't see a yellow golf ball on grass. It's hard for him to distinguish it, even if it seems obvious to me that it's there, and the yellow makes it stand out to me.
And now I ran out of stuff to say. Odd.
I wonder, what would it be like, if someday I saw color the way someone else does. It would be odd, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a way awesome assignment. I've been thinking about colors a lot ever since I read this :P

    But I tagged you in a meme on my blog (about chocolate) So check it out and do it, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I really love the font of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jenn-I like the font too. It's a bit like my handwriting, except mine is more inconsistent XD

    @ blue- *goes there*

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes, I totally answered to both comments separately XD

    ReplyDelete