Total Pageviews

August 9, 2011

Left-Handed Desks Wanted

Yes. Left-handed desks. At first, you would probably think "Oh, there's no such thing. A desk is a desk. It can be used by a right-handed person just the same as a left-haned person". But no. There is a difference. I speak from experience. I am left-handed.
I realized today in school, that at least 4 classrooms I take class in have desks with tables much too small (think maybe 10 inches width), and on the right side of the chair/desk contraption thing that they are. This results in me sitting in an odd angle (sideways, of course) and still twisting my back crazily, in order to be able to properly write, simply because genetic predisposition decided I am left-handed and unaverage. That results in my lower back hurting long after the day has ended (it still hurts. Ow.) and me having a deep longing for a left handed desk of some sort, or at least a normal size desk.
I told my Ethics teacher that I simply cannot write using that desk and she looked at me in all seriousness and said: "So? I can't do anything for you right now. Does it matter?". DOES IT MATTER?!?!!? What does the woman think, being a dinosaur teacher (aka, very old), and being RIGHT HANDED. Gosh. She probably can't imagine the pain I feel right now because of her. This year is suffering. So nice for a freshman, don't you think?

Therefore, I demand schools to have desks for left-handed people as well, or at least desks that are two feet wide instead of ten inches. You know, proper writing surfaces in which I can arrange my books and notebooks and still have space to nap during class while writing. Yeah. So that's my complain for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment