Total Pageviews

July 25, 2011

Something Nice That Happened Yesterday

Yeah. Yesterday I got an email. Someone had commented on a story I had on wattpad (not linking right now, because I will later, once it's finished) that I had completely forgoten about. It just so happens that that story is the one I am currently rewriting, and that the person who commented was wondering what happened next. The comment pretty much read: "Hey, write more, will ya? I wanna know what happens next!" or something along those lines. It made me happy that someone had been reading my writing, seeing as I thought no one ever would read it and like it, so that made my day.

I guess what I'm trying to say (and this goes on purple text because I felt like it) is: Don't be afraid to let others read your writing, even if you think it's terrible. True, you might not be doing so because you fear someone will copy it or something, but sometimes you have to give yourself a chance to be discovered. Who knows? What you think might be horrible writing, could in fact be gold to someone else. As they say, one person's trash = someone else's treasure. Let them read it and comment! You might be surprised at what they say. (Yeah, red text now) And by the way, it does feel nice to receive positive feedback ^.^ It's like "Oh someone liked it! I could just brag about this now (not that I will of course, hehe...)."

No comments:

Post a Comment