Total Pageviews

May 19, 2012

Writing- My Current Project

Title of project: I'm still thinking about this. I might just leave it at Joanne. What do you think?
Progress: Currently I have the prologue, and around 6 chapters. I'm expecting there to be at least 10-15. Maybe 50K words in length, may be more, or less. Not sure. Currently the prologue is at 1.5K approx.
Plot: Joanne lives in New Imperia, a future Utopia in what used to be America. Here, many things are banned, including religion. However, Joanne is Catholic, following an ancient family tradition. No one is to know about this. Not even Dmitri, even if he likes her. Even if she likes him. The King has found out about their relationship though, and suspects her of several crimes that she knows she did not commit. There is proof it was her, but it can't be possible. She must prove her innocence, and fight for her right to have Faith, among others, or die.
Author notes: I've come up with a few plot twists that were not originally included recently. This will be interesting, and might lead to linking this with another project I've been working on. There is much more to what is happening than anyone realizes, perhaps even Joanne.
Deadline: A week before June 30, to allow for arrangements of printing via CreateSpace (thanks to the codes given by NaNoWriMo, I get 5 free copies. If I finish this. I do not wish to receive partial copies.) Not for sale, I believe, but I might let you guys read some of it.
Why I'm telling you about this: So that I have a reason to finish it. The more people that know about this the higher the need to finish it, given the way my mind works.

No comments:

Post a Comment